- Servings: 6
- Preparation time: 25 Minutes
- Cooking time: 25 Minutes
- Total prep time: ~50 Minutes
- Eggplant — 1 piece
- Bulgur — 150 grams
- Red onion — 1 piece
- Vegetable broth — 300 ml
- Olive oil — 2 tablespoons
- Halloumi cheese or Suluguni cheese — 400 grams
- Flour — 3 tablespoons
- Mint — 1 bunch
- Parsley — 1 bunch
- Fresh cucumber — 1 piece
- Tomatoes — 2 pieces
- Canned or boiled chickpeas — 1 Cup
- Pomegranate seeds — 100 grams
- Olive oil — 3 tablespoons
- Lemon juice — 1 piece
- Garlic (minced) — 2 cloves
- Paste tahini (optional) — 1 teaspoon
Method of preparation
Finely chop the onions. Put in a pot of bulgur and onion, pour in broth, bring to a boil, turn down heat and cook for 10-12 minutes until cooked cereals. Put on a plate and let cool.
Eggplant cut into circles. Preheat the grill pan, brush with olive oil and fry eggplant slices on both sides. Set aside.
Cheese cut into slices, roll in flour. Add to the pan the remaining oil and fry the cheese before Browning.
In a small bowl combine all ingredients for salad dressing.
Herbs mint and parsley finely chop. Cucumbers cut into small cubes. Cut the tomatoes, remove core, cut into small pieces.
In a bowl mix chopped fresh vegetables and herbs, chickpeas, pomegranate, bulgur, pour over the dressing and stir. Put on top of cheese and eggplant and serve.