Instead of the couscous you can serve meatballs with a salad of tomato and onion wrapped in a pita – get a dinner in Turkish style.
- Servings: 4
- Preparation time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking time: 35 Minutes
- Total prep time: ~50 Minutes
- Minced beef — 450 grams
- Mozzarella cheese — 125 grams
- Sundried tomatoes — 50 grams
- Bread crumbs — 50 gram
- Egg — 1 piece
- Fresh Basil — 1 tablespoon
- Vegetable oil — 2 tablespoons
- Natural yogurt — 5 tablespoons
- Hummus — 4 tbsp
- Couscous — 2 cups
Method of preparation
Preheat oven to 200°C. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, grated mozzarella, tomatoes, bread crumbs, egg, Basil
and salt and pepper. The resulting mixture roll into 20 balls.
In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil and quickly fry the meatballs until Golden brown, stirring occasionally. Move to the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
Mix the yogurt with the hummus, pour this sauce meatballs, sprinkle with Basil.
Couscous pour boiling water for 10 minutes. Serve with meatballs, adding sauce from roasting.